Measuring water quality periodically, continuously, and in situ provides many new opportunities that are not possible with the current methods.
Low cost is the key.
- Better understanding of change in parameters continuously, e.g. over a day or during some event
- Early notification of changes or abnormal occurances
- More spatial coverage, even in remote areas, instead of a few measuring points
- Granular, timestamped data for combining with other data sources
- Better engagement with stakeholders, such as the community, to provide current conditions